PASC’s strategic priorities are overseen and managed by the following four Working Groups.
Working Group 1 – Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
CONVENOR : Standards Australia (SA)
- Increase awareness of PASC and its members’ efforts among key external stakeholders.
- Enhance knowledge exchange and partnerships on technical matters.
- Wider promotion on the benefits of standardisation.
Working Group 2 – Capacity Building
CONVENOR : Japanese Industrial Standards Committee (JISC)
- Strengthen capabilities and competencies of PASC members in both international and national standardisation activities.
- Contribute towards ISO and IEC capacity building, research and innovation, and training and education activities.
- Extend technical assistance to strengthen the national quality infrastructure (QI) of developing countries in Asia Pacific through collaborations with our partner organisations (e.g. APEC SCSC, APEC SRBs, etc.).
Working Group 3 – Trade Facilitation
CONVENOR : Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Enhance communication and partnerships in trade facilitation with Partners in targeted regional organisations to support government and industry efforts in trade facilitation.
- Improve understanding and capacity of NSBs to support trade facilitation.
Working Group 4 – Policy and Governance
CONVENOR : American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Enhance coordination on common positions for PASC on policy and governance matters related to international standardisation.
- Enhance effectiveness of PASC meetings to better address members’ needs.